The PHILIPPINE PORTS AUTHORITY is a Government Owned and Controlled Corporation (GOCC) attached to the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC), now Department of Transportation (DOTr), and especially charged with the financing, management and operations of public ports throughout the archipelago.
Its goal, as spelled out in its charter, Presidential Decree 857, as amended, is to implement an integrated port system that is aimed at accelerating maritime trade and commerce and carry forward the government objective of transforming the Philippines into a newly-industrialized country.
On October 1, 1975, The Philippine Ports Authority established its management unit in Cagayan de Oro and took over the port operations, maintenance and related functions from the Bureau of Customs and from the Bureau of Public Works. In April 1976, PPA added to its function the collection of income and revenues from the use of PPA facilities and services.
The Port Management Office of Misamis Oriental / Cagayan de Oro covers the government and private ports in Misamis Oriental and Camiguin provinces, to wit:
- Port of Cagayan de Oro in Cagayan de Oro City
- Port of Opol in Opol, Misamis Oriental
- Port of Jasaan in Jasaan, Misamis Oriental
- Port of Balingoan in Balingoan, Misamis Oriental
- Port of Benoni in Mahinog, Camiguin
- Port of Balbagon in Mambajao, Camiguin
- Port of Guinsiliban in Guinsiliban, Camiguin
- Asia-Pacific Timber Plywood Corporation in Lunao, Gingoog City
- Cagayan de Oro Oil Co., Inc. in Tablon, Cagayan de Oro City
- Cagayan Corn Products Corporation in Tablon, Cagayan de Oro City
- Siddharta Holdings Co., Inc./Carlos A. Gothong Lines, Inc. (CAGLI) in Baloy, Tablon, Cagayan de Oro City
- Del Monte Philippines, Inc. in Bugo, Cagayan de Oro City
- General Milling Corporation in Tablon, Cagayan de Oro City
- Holcim Philippines – Lugait Manufacturing Plant in Lugait, Misamis Oriental
- Indo-Phil Oil, Phils. in San Luis, Gingoog City
- Pilipinas Kao, Inc. in Jasaan, Misamis Oriental
- Resins, Inc. (RI Chem) in Jasaan, Misamis Oriental
- San Miguel Corporation in Luyong Bonbon, Opol, Misamis Oriental
- Pryce Gases, Inc. in Balingasag, Misamis Oriental
- Minergy Power Corporation in Mandangoa, Balingasag, Misamis Oriental